– To provide for the international scholarly community a fully reworked and up-to-date edition of Discoveries in the Judaean Desert 1.
– To publish the texts and artifacts from the Dead Sea area contained in the Schøyen Collection.
– To apply new technology in the study of scrolls and artifacts.
– To move beyond the contemporary scholarly focus on canon and authoritative writings in Qumran studies by applying ‘new/material philology’ and other recent, theoretical and methodological perspectives.
– To strengthen Nordic cooperation and give younger Qumran scholars in the Nordic countries a unique opportunity to take part in the preparation of a major critical edition and thus enhance their doctoral education and habilitation.
Project leader: Torleif Elgvin
Project coordinator: Årstein Justnes